Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Other third parties, such as the third-party payment services integrated into the Website, may also collect, use, and share information about you. This Policy does not cover such third parties or their services. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult with them directly.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you and other users of our Services as well as from third-party sources, such as trustworthy data providers, or from public sources and methods, such as information available on public APIs and the internet.
Active Collection of your data. We collect information from you when you use the Services. For example, we may ask you to provide contact information such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other personal master data, communication data, and data to render an account for the Services performed. You can choose not to provide certain personal information but, if you choose to do so, you might not be able to take advantage of the Service.
Passive Collection. When you use the Service, some information may also be automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on the Service. We may also automatically collect certain logistical information in server logs, including information about how you use various features of the Service and information about the number, frequency and length of each session.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us to improve the Service and your experience. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services made available on the Website.
We may use Web beacons or similar technology on the Website. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Website to collect certain information and monitor user activity, such as to count visits and understand usage effectiveness.
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your personal information we collected.
We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Website.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Website for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Website or otherwise in connection with our services. We shall comply with all applicable rules and regulations regarding data protection in connection with such use of personal data, i.e. in Europe the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
For example, we may use your information to:
- process and complete transactions in connection with the Services (e.g. to enable you to purchase products we offer on our Website);
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Service;
- to respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze Website usage and trends;
- to personalize and improve the Website, and our users’ experiences with the Website (such as providing content or features that match interests), and to increase the Website’s functionality and user friendliness;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services;
- to notify you about important changes to the Service;
- to provide, evaluate and improve the Service;
- to keep the Services safe and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding unlawful or harmful activities, including potential violations of our Terms of Service; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or text message and/or post with information, news and offers on our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Personal data will be stored on secured servers and we may store and process personal information in the United States, Europe and other countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our Services and submitting information to us. If we do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR.
We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
In the event we decide to use your personal information for any purpose other than as stated in this Policy, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of your personal information for those other purposes. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Databees by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Databees account or our ongoing business relations.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described as follows:
We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants, contractors and other service providers who work for us. Such third-party vendors may include vendors who provide software development services or fraud detection services to us and other third parties.
We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of our Services.
We share personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, or acquisition transaction, or any bankruptcy or dissolution proceeding.
We may also share with third parties aggregated or de-identified information that does not identify you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
For questions about this Policy or accessing, changing, or deleting your personal information you may contact Databees at the following email address: email@example.com